Lawrence L. Bish2217 Charles Town Road Kearneysville, WV 25430 Cell: (304) 671-3061 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conversant in Spanish
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experienced and empathic teacher
- Excellent communicator and public speaker
- Adept at learning new skills and concepts quickly
- Computer literate
Berkeley County Schools (304) 267-3500 401 S. Queen St.
Substitute Teacher Martinsburg, WV 25401
- Taught high school and middle school.
- Primary subjects: English, Music, Spanish and Technology
K&B Music Center (304) 264-4463 1591 Winchester Ave.
Private Music Teacher Martinsburg, WV 25401
- Provided private individual instruction in guitar and voice
Compusearch Software Systems, Inc. (800) 899-6665 2191 Ridgetop Cir. Suite 100
Software Trainer/Consultant Dulles, VA 20166
- Trained federal government contractors and administrative
personnel to use PRISM, a web-based procurement software suite
- Provided consultancy and on-site training to various federal agencies
EastRidge Health Systems, Inc. (304) 263-8954 235 S. Water St.
Mental Health Technician/Day Treatment Educator/Case Manager Martinsburg, WV 25401
- Provided therapeutic living environment for persons with profound
and chronic mental illness
- Facilitated treatment plan meetings
- Developed, updated and revised treatment plans
- Provided and facilitated training in various aspects of communication
- Provided counseling and networked agencies to insure adequate health,
social and financial support systems to clients
University of Maryland University College Adelphi, MD
Degree: Master of Distance Education (MDE) 09/2003
Distance Education and Technology
Teaching at a Distance
Library Services in Distance Education
Foundations of Distance Education
Shepherd University Shepherdstown, WV
Degree: Bachelor of Arts 08/1997
Military Experience—United States Marine Corps (1968-1971) Honorable Discharge; Rank attained ,Cpl E-4. Thirteen-month tour of duty in the Republic of South Vietnam 1969-1970.
ESL Teacher/Volunteer – Taught English as a second language to Spanish speaking immigrants and migrant workers as part of a community program sponsored by American Adult Literacy, Martinsburg, WV.
Counselor — Counseled emotionally troubled adolescent boys aged 12 to 17 at Lutheran Social Services institution Gustafus Adolfus Children’s Home in Falconer, NY.
Counselor — Counseled incarcerated adolescents at Bowling Brook Preparatory School in Keymar, MD.
Supervisor of Outdoor Activities — Hired, trained, scheduled and supervised staff of outdoor operations at ski area in western NY. Also worked as ski instructor.
Small Business Owner — Owned and operated small retail business.
Carpenter — Supervised construction crews on a variety of building projects while employed with the NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation in Jamestown, NY.
Self-employed Musician and Entertainer — Master guitarist and singer performing in broad spectrum of venues over the course of many years.